june.29.2011

| | |

Never get discouraged. Whatever difficulties might surround you. If you were sunk in the lowest pit of Nova Scotia, and all the Rocky Mountains piled on top of you, you ought not to be discouraged - but hang on, exercise faith and keep up good courage and you should come out on top of the heap.
 (quoted in 1950 from George A. Smith’s journal)

Generally speaking, the most miserable people I know are those who are obsessed with themselves; the happiest people I know are those who lose themselves 
in the service of others.
-President Gordon B. Hinckley


I am afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare…if our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, they are too small. There ought to be things we should like to do and cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them.
(CS Lewis – Mere Christianty)

On that same note:

The truer measure of sacrifice is not so much 
what one gives to sacrifice 
as to what one sacrifices to give.
-Elder Lynn G. Robbins


I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good thing, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow human being let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
-Quaker Minister Stephen Grellet

************************************************************************



my sister, Cinnamon, and her three kids are on their way right now.
driving from Houston, TX.
they will be visiting for at least two weeks.
the original trip was meant to come and meet kevin while he was here
but, life rarely happens how we plan.
i’m excited to have them home with us for a while!

July will also bring London from slc on the 6th
you know… BBFL. LYLAS.

i’ve already asked for a couple extra days off from work
to make it more worthwhile.

institute tonight.
always much needed. 

p.s. - kevin did get a 93 on his english test.
now we're waiting to here from byu.

1 comments:

London said...

yay!! im so excited to see you!!!