Panic Anxiety Disorder?

| | |
yesterday was a long day of work, class, tests, life.
i hadn't noticed that when i got home my mother was still in her pjs.
then as my dad went to bed he told me,
"make sure Mom goes to bed when you do.
i don't want her wandering around the house."
odd.

but i was busy taking a timed psychology test, so i didn't ask.
just said "OK?"

as i'm getting ready for bed, i remember 
and go to my mom to ask about it.

i found out:
that morning my dad found my mom on the floor by her bed.
her head kind of half leaning on her night stand.
she doesn't remember a thing that happened.
spent most of the day asking my dad the same questions.
she couldn't remember anything about the day before either.
and slept all day.
last night she was even asking me about things she should know.
after a bit of review, her memory starts to come back.

i made sure she went to bed when i did.

THIS MORNING:
7am-ish
i'm upstairs in my bathroom
my dad comes home (from seminary) and finds my mom crumpled up
on the floor in the kitchen.
she must have passed out while doing dishes.
she also has a HUGE knot on the back of her head 
...suggesting she hit the cabinets/counter top on the way down.
she's wide eyed.
confused.
her pajama pants are wet.
and she keeps saying, "i thought i was feeling better this morning."


we're not sure what's going on with my mom.
about a year ago, when i was in Puerto Rico, the same thing happened.
she would faint, and wake up remembering NOTHING.
on a couple occasions instead of fainting, she would just forget where she was and why.
a complete blank.
it's scary.
she also has these intense panic attacks everyday...
her voice changes, she gets goosebumps, her skin goes blotchy, her pupils dilate, and she usually will start squeezing her arms.
i don't like watching her when it happens...luckily it only last a few seconds.

they've done testing.
MRIs.
examined her brain.
put her on medications.

all they can conclude is that she has

the medication has lessened the panic attacks.
but why would this start happening again?
i've been "googling" all day...
usually the memory loss like she's having isn't a symptom.

it scares me.
worries me about leaving her alone.
what if it happens while she's driving?

luckily my dad works at home.
i feel so bad for her.
she's the energizer bunny type.
always going going going.
and she's a perfectionist.
 i can see her so frustrated and upset.
especially since she can't remember what she's supposed to be doing.
some occasions she'll start crying wondering why she can't remember.



please keep her in your prayers.
thankyou.


4 comments:

London said...

your poor mom....i thought she was doing better too...i will keep your family in my prayers....love you whit

mrs. barlow said...

def in my prayers love.

Elissa said...

oh my word!
Whit, I am so sorry to hear about this scary news. Health is SUCH a concern of mine! I worry so much about others health and just wish we all could have all the physical, mental and emotion health!! At least we can pinpoint some issues and put names to them - but still. k you and your mom are in my prayers!

I love you and miss you so much!
let's make a phone date.

Unknown said...

I admire your mom. She could walk out of the most BORING sacrament meeting in the history of sacrament meetings, and still have found something to be inspired over. She sees good things others cannot.

Aunt Jani