9.1.2010

| | |
 3.5 months have flown by.
i'll quit counting the time one day, but until then, get over it, ok?
i miss my islands like cuh-ray-zee!
however...
there are a few simple pleasures i enjoy now that i couldn't on the mish:
  • painting my nails something other than pale pink
  • perusing Borders books by myself
  • friday = payday
  • i don't have to wait for a designated day once a week to do laundry!
  • hugs
  • i can go out in public as a bum in sweats and a tee whenever i want
  • stay up late and watch a movie
  • family
obviously, there are others. i'm not listing them all.
but i'm sure if i made a list of things i miss about the mish, that would be much longer.

august came and went. the happenings:
- My sister, Dacy, turned 31.
- Sonia Rodriguez (aibonito, puerto rico) passed away from her cancer. More than a few tears were shed on my part. I pray for the young family she left behind. They were one of my favorites. I admire Natasha, at 18 she now plays the role of "mom" at home, and she's being so strong.
- I had my identity stolen along with my whole bank account.
- I got a new bank account...and my money back, thank heavens.
- I had a near death experience rafting down a river. Lost the raft, my shoes, rings, bracelets, headband, and rad shades. I came out with my life. and bruises. scraped up and sore body. and a lump on the back of my head. Thank you Tim Baron. it was memorable.
- I rekindled the flame between me and chik-fil-a chicken biscuits.
- Mom went up to Virginia for a week and i realized how many dishes Dad dirties on the daily.
-i continue to be a hermit and "anti-social", though they say i'm getting better. 
- i've accepted that it's not that i haven't adapted to being home, i've just changed.
- Got work off for Sept 30-Oct 11 for my trip to COLOMBIA!
:)


1 comments:

London said...

I love this post. I can just hear your voice. I just understand everything you said..so perfectly. I miss our borders runs!!!! And there is nothing wrong with being anti-social don't listen to them!!!!