7.11.2010 stay gold

| | |
my main man ralph waldo emerson once said:

“Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful,
we must carry it with us or we find it not.”


i like that.

Though it might not be exactly what RWE is saying…I think all too often we live our lives with the mentality that “the grass is greener on the other side”. We’re always wanting something MORE or something ELSE or what THEY have. Then maybe we get it and it’s the vicious cycle all over again. Endless unsatisfaction. And to think…maybe my situation that I don’t think is all that great IS the “greener grass” for someone else. I don’t think it’s bad to want to progress and improve in life. Goals…i’m all for them! However, I’ve come to realize that the grass IS green where I am. And it always can be. Just depends on what I make of it. Perspective and attitude…that can alter the beauty and bliss of anything.
i miss my barbados sunrises...but i'm happy to be where i am.

0 comments: